Cardiac device MRI support
Qardia provides clinical support to MRI centres and patients for cardiac device patients.
By working with Qardia, MRI centres can substantially increase their volume and drop their waiting lists. We become an extension of your team and our sole job is to make cardiac device MRI’s easier. To date, we have performed over 500 cardiac device MRI scans. If you are interested, please contact us on 1800 727 342 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens on the day?
- We interrogate your cardiac device with a special computer. We ensure all lead measurement tests are satisfactory and within the recommended limits prior to your MRI scan.
- We then put your cardiac device into a "MRI Safe Mode". This is a special setting designed specifically for MRI procedures.
- During your scan we observe your heart rhythm.
- After your scan, we repeat all lead measurements and turn “MRI Safe Mode” off. This ensures you leave with the exact same settings on your pacemaker.
- We send a report to your Cardiologist.
- We understand patients can be nervous regarding a MRI scan with their implantable cardiac device. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us on
1800 727 342 or email us on email@example.com.